Google

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Defiance Cigars

These are made for Xikar. While the concept is cool the cigar sucks. I was given one to try and it's ridiculous. The concept is that they will donate 5% of all wholesale sales in your state to a pro-tobacco lobbying group in your state. That's cool. Well, kind of. Take Minnesota for example. I bet they'd be hard pressed to sell 10 boxes across the state every month, which means 40 per quarter. With a wholesale price of around $67, that's only $134 per quarter (the frequency in which they'll pay the organization).

What's not cool is that Xikar is willing to put their name on such a piece of shit. With the price of cigars what they are today because of taxes and crap, you get one chance to impress a smoker, or they'll go back to spending their money on what they know they like and is reliable. And then they won't even recommend it to their fellow smokers.

Don't waste your money on this one, just send the 5-8 bucks to your local lobbyist instead, it's better spent that way.

3 Comments:

At 11/15/07, 3:15 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I think Bobb had compared that particular cigars to something you might find in your cats litter box...I do not think that is something I want to put in your mouth. You should have asked Bobb about that cigar prior to you smoking it. Regardless of whether or not the cigar was free.

 
At 11/15/07, 3:14 PM, Blogger Josh said...

No one told me anyone else had smoked one. Probably because I wouldn't smoke it then.

 
At 11/29/07, 12:54 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

Will I be Able to take the next podcast with me conveniently? For instance, should I be going to Chicago next monday will I be able to listen to at a place where airplanes take off from, what do you call those places? Will I be able to bring things and ship things out (im/ex) whilst listening to the next podcast or do I have inconveniently have to listen to it from a single place...Fuck it, I will just have another glass of red wine that is real rich and hearty, I can't remember what it is but I would call it Tawny...oh, and if you must know, RP Decades are AMAZING

 

Post a Comment

<< Home